Thursday, March 26, 2009

42...I like Wal Mart

Not a hater, not me, I think Wal Mart gives good value and decent service and jobs to a lot of folks who may just very well be fufilling their potential.

But, sometimes, you gotta wonder.

I got an oil change there yesterday.

Here is a letter I wrote to the Wal Mart comment department about that experience:

I am a big fan of Walmart BUT I have an important question. To wit:The price difference between regular oil,oil changes and high mileage oilchanges are fifteen dollars plus tax=seventeen dollars approx.Why is this?The service is the same, I watched the man grab the 4litres of oil off the shelf, both the high mileage Pennzoil and the regular Pennzoil are beside each other so it begs the question, why am i being charged fifty percent more for a product that is only twentyfive percent more expensive?I have a radio show and my listeners said it is because you can get away with it; it is a price gouge: please tell me if that is the real reason.
Dan Shields,
Ottawa, Ontario.

I will let you know how it goes.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment