Sunday, September 20, 2009

886...Mikey I Goes On The Offensive

I believe it was homecoming week or something in Kitchener-Waterloo this weekend, I do know that The Score had a football game between Laurier and Waterloo on the tube. For those of you wondering who won said game, let me tell you that Joe Paopao is coaching at Waterloo so you know that Laurier won.

Tying in with homecoming was a visit by the next Prime Minister of Canada Michael Ignatieff who, as Chuck Howitt reports in this mornings Waterloo Region Record, made a visit to Wilf's, a pub on campus at Sir Wilfrid Laurier University. While having a pop or two Mr. Ignatieff, and I am quoting here, "...attacked the Liberals on a broad range of issues, including the rising deficit, high unemployment, its response to the H1N1 flu epidemic and its failure to fix the problem over medical isotopes."

Note to Chuck Howitt: I don't believe that Mikey I attacked the Liberals; you may want to reread things before you send them to your somnolent proof reading staff at The Record.
I am going to assume Mr. Ignatieff attacked the Conservative Party and rightfully so.
Two victories for Laurier on Saturday. One a win over the crosstown Waterloo Warriors and secondly a visit from the next PM.
Good times, good times.
WFDS

1 comment: