Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1471...Alex Cullen, Boy Mayor

Actually Alex Cullen is the boy councilor for Bay Ward, a north-west Ottawa ward. Mr. Cullen, a former MPP by the way and, by his own admission, one of the most brilliant men to ever walk the face of the earth, has been making serious noises about running for mayor of your Nation's Capital.

Apparently this is not going to happen.

I was in conversation with a friend who has an ear to the ground when it comes to Ottawa politics and my friend told me that there is a grassroots petition circulating in Bay Ward asking the great one, Mr. Cullen, to stay on as their representative.

I am horrified to tell you that in our conversation my friend said that the thought was that Mr. Cullen, who would have his head handed to him in a mayoralty race, leaving him unemployed, had started the "Keep Me Here" petition.

WFDS

1 comment:

  1. I think he's pretty committed to the whole idea of being Mayor. I don't know about his chances, but I think he captures a huge portion of the left with his pro-union, pro-taxes agenda. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete