Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1501...Stephen Harper To Shut Down Parliament

"If the government attempts this manoeuvre, it's a shocking insult to democracy," said Liberal House Leader Ralph Goodale. "The government is in a very sticky place with respect to Afghan detainees and they're running from accountability here -- this is a cut and run government."

That is Mr. Goodale being quoted in the Toronto Sun this morning regarding the shut down of Parliament until after the Olympics by the Tories.

"Sources say the government is expected to prevent Parliament coming back on its scheduled return date of Jan. 25 so it can keep the House in recess until after the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver."

This calculated and sleazy move is being done to spin the Conservatives out of the mess they are in. What our beloved PM is hoping for is a great Olympics for Canada, a great Olympics would be winning the hockey gold, lots of photo ops for him and his gang and then, boom, snap election.

What the funk?

WFDS

1 comment:

  1. Posted 14 hours ago, your world famous audience has responded with a fury of support...

    The truth you speak is what I think. I am furious! I'm not sure why I am furious, but when I see my brave Xena Warrior Princess Libby Davies rocking her lips of fury, I am placed into a hypnotic trance of moral outrage.

    ReplyDelete