Saturday, April 17, 2010

2128...Riders For The Stars

Editorial that appeared earlier this week in the London Times [I done thought it was the Times of London] exposed riders of the stars, newly minted and old school.

Elton John needs 74 towels. jennifer Lopez wants white flowers, curtains and sofas and needs to have her coffee to be stirred anti-clockwise. Sarah Palin and Mariah Carey need an ample supply of bendy strawa. Ms. Carey refuses to descend staircases, telling an organizer at an award show that "I don't do stairs."

Mrs. Palin, who, career highlight, was in Hamilton this week, demands first class flights from Alaska or a private jet, Lear 600 or larger. Questions must be both pre selected and pre screened.

But as long as the Governor has hands, no teleprompter required.

WFDS

1 comment:

  1. You know, of all of them Maria Carey sounds the most reasonable.

    I mean, a performer saying "I just don't do stairs" is a bit more reasonable requirement than "my coffee must be stirred counter-clockwise." It could be as simple as she fell once on stage trying to perform on stairs, or has a fear of doing so, or even just knowing she looks awkward on steps.

    It's just funny to me because I'm sure the article probably makes them all sound like total jerks, but Carey's requests don't sound all that "diva-like."

    ReplyDelete