Friday, June 25, 2010

2540...WFDS In The Paper: Lost My Dog

I usually don't do stuff that is personal, well, hardly ever, but, through stupidity, I losted my dog:

It’s a bit of irony which will cost Dan Shields $100, if he’s lucky.

The one-time Ottawa radio personality was engrossed in a story in Tuesday’s Ottawa Sun about a dog being stolen, just as the same thing was happening to him.

Shields had been at the Elgin St. Second Cup, with his six-month-old lab mix, when he tied it to the patio railing and went across the road to the Mac’s convenience store. He admits leaving the dog unattended for about 10 minutes. By the time he got back, “Mara” was gone.

Upon return, he said someone told him a woman took the dog, claiming it was being neglected and she was going to surrender it to the Ottawa Humane Society.

Shields claims to have checked there three times, but his dog has not been brought in. He also filed a report with Ottawa Police, who are investigating.

“I fear for the dog’s safety,” he said.

Thursday he began putting up posters with the dog’s description and promising a “no questions asked” reward of $100.

“It’s my bad for leaving the dog,” he said. “It’s not going to happen again. But, I just really want my puppy back.”

The dog is described as a 50-lb. black Labrador/border collie mix with a white patch on its chest and white rear feet.

Anyone with information can call Ottawa Police at 613-236-1222.

doug.hempstead@sunmedia.ca


Cut and paste from this morning's Ottawa Sun.

If you see her...contact me here or at dannyboy5770@hotmail.com or 613 794 6896.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment