Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3197...Blind Man Arrested For DUI

It could only happen in a few parts of the world: The Ottawa Valley, Newfoundland or Oklahoma.

This is Oklahoma and this is cut and paste from NewsOn6 in the Sooner State:

BARTLESVILLE, Oklahoma -- A 41-year-old Bartlesville man being arraigned in Washington County District Court Monday for DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, driving under suspension and assault on a police officer was re-arrested for reportedly being drunk after he fell down before the judge.

A short time later, Mark Watson failed a breathalyzer test administered by sheriff's deputies.

The initial charges stemmed from Watson's arrest early Monday morning after he had reportedly been involved in a hit and run crash in Bartlesville.

Bartlesville Police investigating the 2:28 a.m. crash found Watson's vehicle and questioned him.

In the probable cause affidavit filed with the court, Watson told officers, "I'm ------- drunk, I was driving but I did not run the stop sign. That ----- hit me."

The affidavit goes on to say Watson refused to take a blood or breath test, telling the officers, "I ain't taking no ------- tests. I'm ------- drunk. I'm blind anyways and I can't drive."

Police say he also kicked an officer during the arrest.

The Washington County D.A.'s office is expected to file additional charges following Monday's court appearance.


WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment