Sunday, February 19, 2012

4249...Fashion Week Ottawa Includes Blackface

I know, how funny is that, Fashion Week In Ottawa, the words just roll off the tongue.

To be certain Ottawa is not even the fashion capital of the capital, Gatineau is.

And Fashion Week In Ottawa was only three days long. Nonetheless they had a media reception with an open bar and I try to hit as many of those as I can.

Still it was what it was and what it was was stupid.

If you don't believe me go to capitaloh.blogspot.com and check out the photos.

The lack of talent in the fashion industry in Ottawa is the reason there is no fashion industry in Ottawa.

The lack of sense is why designer Isobel Walker of frAsh decided to go with the Blackface look. You know, like in Birth of A Nation, a 1916 movie.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/6175503.bin?size=620x400s

For the picture.

No word on whom lit the cross for the big finale.

WFDS

5 comments:

  1. you should do some research before you post things. You have the incorrect designer and clothing line....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please do some research!!! I did not use black face! and am MORTIFIED that you have tied my name and my company to this!!!

    I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please make a correction. I did not use black face on my runway show. I would appreciate a retraction. I would be happy to talk to you about this.

    --isobel--

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! you should def do some REAL reasearch and stop sounding so bitter! this is attacking ppl and talented ppl, it is you opinion keep it to yourself! frAsh was actually one of the best shows... can you do better? it's easy to do this on here, no one can see your face, my friend, you need help! F you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're going to link to an Ottawa Citizen picture, maybe you can also read the words they publish, too. That way you can get the CORRECT NAME OF THE DESIGNER INVOLVED IN THE CONTROVERSY!!! You're lucky Walker is not suing you for libel. Here is the correct info from the article, as well as a link to it so your readers can verify the correct info:

    Some of the models wearing clothes by Montreal designer Andy Nguyen carried lanterns or bird cages, some wore spiky masks or furry hats. And some were wearing a thick layer of black makeup on their faces with a white strip over the upper lip.

    Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/fashion-beauty/Ottawa+Fashion+Week+faces+controversy+over+blackface/6188404/story.html#ixzz1nDua54mm

    ReplyDelete