Monday, June 24, 2013

6183...Kathleen Wynne Has Pride

The Premier of Ontario sent me this note and asked me to share it with you.

Ontario Liberal Party

When I ran for the leadership of this party, some people asked if Ontario was ready for an openly gay Premier. I said that the people of Ontario judge each other on their merits and their ideas, not according to race or religion or sexual identity.

And now, as communities across the province celebrate Pride, I know I was right.

For the past few months, I've travelled this great province and met all kinds of people. They want great jobs and vibrant communities. They care about their kids' education and the needs of their aging parents. They're interested in new ideas and strong leadership.

We are lucky to live in a province where diversity, acceptance and equality are defining principles. Where everyone is respected and has a chance to do their best.

So as we celebrate Pride, we celebrate Ontario as place of fairness and opportunity. And we dedicate ourselves to protecting those fundamental values for the sake of future generations.

Please share this message so the people of Ontario know that they are my source of pride.

Kathleen


WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment